Westbrook Old Hall Primary School is an inclusive school. We are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, faith, religion or socio-economic group and recognising the protected characteristics in the Equality Act. We provide a happy, stimulating environment, working in partnership with parents. All are cared for and nurtured spiritually, morally, intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
Under the Equality Act 2010, we welcome our general duty to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harrassment and victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by The Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
We recognise our specific duties which aims to assist us to meet our general duty:
- To annually publish information on how we are complying with the Equality Duty, including to publish information on our school population.
- To publish equality objectives every four years, which show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities and reduce or remove them.